If you’ve spent any time around a carp lake, the Fox Explorer shown here may well look familiar. That’s because it’s an extremely popular bivvy with serious carp anglers. It offers all the comfort of a ‘static’ bivvy, but with the added benefits of one designed to be mobile. If you’re the sort of carp angler who likes to spot fish and then move onto them, this could well be the bivvy for you.
The Fox Explorer is quick and simple to erect thanks to a central boss that supports a series of ribs. These ribs pivot easily into position with minimum effort and after locking them in place, the shelter only requires pegging down. What could be simpler?
It makes the perfect short-session shelter for anglers who want to maximise fishing time. It features a 6oz heavy-duty nylon that is fully breathable and the use of this top-grade single-skin contributes to the Explorer’s ‘no-fuss’ assembly without compromising its ability to minimize condensation.
The incorporation of mosquito doors further improves ventilation in the summer months. Its superb shape allows it to be erected in tight swims and yet make best use of internal space so that a bedchair, luggage and other essential items are fully protected from the elements.
It is supplied with Carryall, PE Groundsheet and poles.
The front panel of the Explorer can be completely removed for increased visibility and summer conditions.
For those who want enhance its winter performance an Explorer Winter Skin is available as an optional extra.
Fox Explorer features
– fully breathable to reduce condensation
– 6oz/420 Dernier fabric
– 5000mm hydrostatic head
– centre frame allows front infill panel to be removed
– reinforced aluminium bushes in central boss and poles
– mosquito mesh panel in door
– mosquito mesh side panels
– quick release joints
– supplied with carryall, heavy duty PE groundsheet and storm pole supports
– rigid powder coated aluminium frame
– width 2.8m depth 2.35m height 1.32m
– packed 300mm x 300mm x 1270mm
– weight 12.75kg
– approx. erection time 3 minutes